If you are having issues with your Rise & Recliner chair. Here are some handy tips to help.
This guide is for Sherborne & HSL Chairs manufactured from 2014 onwards.
Remember if you have bought a You First chair you can always call us for support even if you are outside of your 12 Month warranty.
Is your chair not working at all?
This would be likely due to a lack of power, so try these:
● Check that the lights come on when the buttons are pushed.
● Check if the mains plug from the chair is connected to the mains socket.
● Check if the mains socket is switched on.
● Check if the extension lead is connected to the transformer and/or at the rear of the chair.
● Check if the extension lead is trapped or broken. Replace if damaged.
● Check if the light on the transformer is on.
● Check if there is power to the socket, does another electrical appliance work in that socket? If not, check fuse in the mains plug and replace with a 5A fuse if required.
● Has the transformer thermal cut-out activated? Switch off at mains and leave
transformer to cool down for 30 minutes. Then reapply mains power.
Is your handset flashing?
This would happen if you have the 'Touch Stop' system and may need to be reset or have an obstruction removed. Try this:
If you have a touchstop controler, check that the switch at the back of the handset is set to the on position. Check if there is an obstruction from a pet or a person.
If none of these, then turn off the power to the chair, unplug the chair lead from the transformer at the rear of the chair for 1 minute. Re-connect the lead to the chair and turn on the power at the wall socket. Push the reset button on the chair until it comes to rest at the seated position to fully reset the chair.
The footrest in moving the wrong way?
This means the motor is disorientated. Try this:
Use the lift button function to raise or lower the chair past the seated position and push the reset button (Large button at top).
The chair should now move back to the seated position and the reset function should have been successfully reset.
We hope this helps for any issues you are facing. Remember if you have bought a You First chair you can always call us for support even if you are outside of your 12 Month warranty.